Saturday, September 7, 2013

Tall Space Saving Bistro Table

It's 4:30pm on a Thursday. I've got rehearsal with my friend Ajja at 5:00pm, 22 minutes away.
Ring! Ring!
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's Ajja. Have you left home yet?"
"I was just getting in the car."
"Would you be willing to help me pick up a table? It won't fit in my car."
"Sure, I'll be right there."

The piece was all wood, two fold-down sides, some bar stools.
BUT.
There was discoloration on the top of the table, most likely from someone setting something hot on it.
Whatevs. We go to rehearsal. We're only 10 minutes late. Rehearsal looks something like this:



(for more info on ampersand dance company go like our page on Facebook. click here)

At some point during rehearsal, I convince myself and Ajja that I need to paint this table for her. 
The next day I got to work. 


Kilzed it.


Coat #1. Gloss black legs and Shiloh greige top.


Godiva likes to live on the edge, thisclose to wet paint.

Coat #2. 

Gave it a few coats of clear polyurethane so it would withstand being wiped off over and over. 
Once we finally delivered it to her, she sent me this picture of it at home in her kitchen:


I think it matches perfectly. Her home is awesome, isn't it?
It was so fun to be able to paint something for a friend.

Aloha,
Becca

2 comments:

  1. I love it! A great reuse and redo! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great space saving idea and it looks great too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!