Monday, March 5, 2012

My first day with Modge Podge

A few weeks back, I dedicated my day off to experimenting with Modge Podge. It took me quite a few weeks to find a bottle of this stuff. But finally I found it at Wal-Mart and it was the last bottle. I'm glad it was matte, and not gloss. 


I spent the majority of the day on a Valentine's Day present for my husband. The post (see here) from that present has been one of the most-visited posts on the blog, and pins from it on pinterest have gone viral! Here was the end product:



Then I Modge Podge'd fabric on little clothespins:










Then I used scrap fabric to make a suggestion box for my work office.


I wish I would have made a cool font and typed out "Teacher's Suggestions", but I didn't. I hate my printer a lot of the time. 


Lastly, I finished the 3rd tin from my Fabric Covered Tins post (see previous post here). I had to spray paint it silver first, because I was going to use lace on it, and I didn't want the leftover Sesame Street sticker to show through the lace. 



I put stretch lace and a cream colored XL rick-rack on it, which is my new favorite accent.




Ooh! You can see the hanging planter I got for $0.50 in the background! (See post here)


I have plans for this Rocking Chair... one day.


Details...


I put some sweat pant material on the bottom to cover the raw edges of the lace.



Here's the other two, which I didn't use Modge Podge on, just glue gun. 



And that was my day with Modge Podge!


--Becca

2 comments:

  1. What a cute project! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I wanted to reply to your comment but you are a NO-reply blogger. I have a new post up with a link on how to fix this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been busy! Thanks for linking up at Whimsy Wednesday, hope you'll come link up again tonight!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!